Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just the possibility of breakage when you put that size tire on the fj. youll have a bigger chance of blowing your rear r&p and front cv axles = steering. Im getting my rig ready for 37"s atm as well. putting a body lift on my 3" lift, all pro hd steering, RCV axle swap, and coating fron r&p in cryogenic REM polish. I'd recommend doing the same with 37"s

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
First of all... you'll never fit 37" tires without some serious body work. frdh nailed the other problem.

You'll need a solid front axle conversion to make this a reality. That's the only way I have seen it work.

In any event.... you will probably not find anyone selling 37" tires on this site. Well, unless they have already been down the same path as you.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
i just orderd a set of 37x12.5x17 pro comp mt's for my fj! they werent cheap, but not many options for that size thats not justa knarly super swomper

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
i know that there are several who are already running 37's, and ive seen pics of one or two at least with 40's...im wondering what kind of setup there running

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
First of all... you'll never fit 37" tires without some serious body work. frdh nailed the other problem.

You'll need a solid front axle conversion to make this a reality. That's the only way I have seen it work.

In any event.... you will probably not find anyone selling 37" tires on this site. Well, unless they have already been down the same path as you.
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Of course it depends if they are running a ture 37" tire or if thats just what the mfg. says as the actual size will measure different like Addis's Procomps...mine are slightly under 33" even though they are advertised at 33".

Anyways to actually still acheive full travel in the front they need to move the front suspension forward a few inches like Metal Tech is doing for their 36" IROKs. The rear will need a bit of triming and the front will still need substantial trimming even with everything moved forward a couple inches.

Thats the only other way I can see still acheiving full travel with that large of a wheel.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Thread cleaned ;)

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well right now I'm have 6 inch rough country lift and a 1 inch body lift. There was a guy here selling 37's but he was asking almost the same as fir new ones. He was going to size 40. I like the offroad look, tires that stick out a little. but some how my 315 don't seem to stick out that much.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Well right now I'm have 6 inch rough country lift and a 1 inch body lift. There was a guy here selling 37's but he was asking almost the same as fir new ones. He was going to size 40. I like the offroad look, tires that stick out a little. but some how my 315 don't seem to stick out that much.
a 37x12.50 is not going to stick out of the wheel wells any further than a 315, BTW.

I would also suggest places like Pirate4x4, IHMUD, etc. as there are many folks there running this sized tire and then wanting to go larger.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I will be running 37's once the 35's are worn out...I know I have the room because my dad's neighbor has a toyota truggy w/37's and we put them on just to see.

There is some minor rubbing at a few points when at complete compression...Just two more things to be able to cycle the suspension completely... 1" body lift and maybe to trim little sections of the inner wheel well. I can run the bigger 37's now with the way I have things set up...I just want things to be right off road...

Don't need to hear all the other cons, it's not going to be a rock crawler by no means!
It will be used in light trails with sugar sand dunes and deep water mostly here.
I usually leave state twice a yr. and trail ride in Coal Creek and Skyline Alabama and so far with the 35's I've been running with no problems. The re-gear 4:88 will more than make up for the power loss. All in time as the cash slowly gets put together!

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
i just orderd a set of 37x12.5x17 pro comp mt's for my fj! they werent cheap, but not many options for that size thats not justa knarly super swomper
37's are gonna look sahweet!!! Even though your truck could probally fit 40's.

Problem I have is 20" rims leave little options for 37" tires and they cost big $.

Many more tire selection with a 17" rim.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
hopefully, ill have them on this week!!! im sure howard will have no problem either...esp with his suspension set up!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts