Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want spare ADD actuator (#41400‑35031) from the front diff assembly, if anyone has removed their IFS or modded the front axle assembly in any way.

Also been meaning to replace my cracked right, rear tail lens - need not be new, but certainly not cracked or damaged significantly.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Rick, what is wrong with yours? The reason I ask is, I have a spare bad one that may be rebuildable when combined with parts from your original. It may even be the one in that photo, I can't remember. :eek: Anyway, the one I have was an OEM replacement I bought from the dealer, but after less than one year, somehow the vent nipple broke off and water and mud got in the black plastic housing and rusted/trashed the electric motor. If your original motor still works, you could combine it along with the black plastic housing with these gears and shift fork and maybe make one good one between the two? You can have it if you want it; if so PM me your shipping address.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lee,
Thanks! When I first learned of the non-soldered contacts issue, I passed the info onto a friend of mine. He gladly took his spare off his shelf and soldered it, sealed it up. Then we swapped it for mine to get me back on the road ASAP. It failed to engage upon arriving at trailhead for whatever reason and in our rush to remove, rotate, replace, we broke a little plastic spring loaded armature inside. When we got back home we put my original (now soldered) one back on. So really I broke my friends spare and now have my original back on my rig. I just wanted to be able to rebuild his spare for him. I'm currently in Cruiser Karma debt.

PM on the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts