Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted: sway bars (the actual bars, not the links)

Ditched my sway bars a year ago and scrapped them thinking I'd never need them. Now the FJ gods have blessed me with a RTT and that extra 120 pounds up high is warranting sway bars again... DOH. If you only have one or the other that you want to part with that's fine.

Will pay + shipping to 01033

·
Registered
258 Posts
Check out Sway Bars from the company "Cusco". They are an exact OEM replacement but 50% larger in diameter than Toyota factory. I installed them on my FJ and eliminated all body roll when cornering.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out Sway Bars from the company "Cusco". They are an exact OEM replacement but 50% larger in diameter than Toyota factory. I installed them on my FJ and eliminated all body roll when cornering.
Oooo, interesting! Thnaks!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Wanted: sway bars (the actual bars, not the links)

Ditched my sway bars a year ago and scrapped them thinking I'd never need them. Now the FJ gods have blessed me with a RTT and that extra 120 pounds up high is warranting sway bars again... DOH. If you only have one or the other that you want to part with that's fine.

Will pay + shipping to 01033
I've got a rear one from my 2010 FJ that you can have. Unfortunately I am in Denver CO. Let me know if it is an option for you?

Not that's it's the economical option, but a set of 2.5" rear shocks will really control the rear without a sway bar. I have an AluCab RTT with Shadow awning (so roughly 200lb) up top and running ICON 2.5's w/ CDCV with no sway bar. I feel extremely confident in the CO mountains with this setup... yes I still have the front sway bar which I think is doing most of the work.

John

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a rear one from my 2010 FJ that you can have. Unfortunately I am in Denver CO. Let me know if it is an option for you?

Not that's it's the economical option, but a set of 2.5" rear shocks will really control the rear without a sway bar. I have an AluCab RTT with Shadow awning (so roughly 200lb) up top and running ICON 2.5's w/ CDCV with no sway bar. I feel extremely confident in the CO mountains with this setup... yes I still have the front sway bar which I think is doing most of the work.

John
I've already got the Icon VS 2.0 long travel shocks that Metaltech offers in the rear, not looking to drop another grand on shocks really. I'm starting to think that I'll be better off running the oversize Cusco front sway bar with some of the sway bar disconnects that MStudt over on the T4R forum makes. From my understanding, the front sway bar does the bulk of the work, and with an oversize I can compensate for the lack of a rear bar, while having the disconnects allow me to play off-road when I want still.

Sway Bar Links SAINT LOUIS MO - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've already got the Icon VS 2.0 long travel shocks that Metaltech offers in the rear, not looking to drop another grand on shocks really. I'm starting to think that I'll be better off running the oversize Cusco front sway bar with some of the sway bar disconnects that MStudt over on the T4R forum makes. From my understanding, the front sway bar does the bulk of the work, and with an oversize I can compensate for the lack of a rear bar, while having the disconnects allow me to play off-road when I want still.

Sway Bar Links SAINT LOUIS MO - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum
Sounds good. Maybe next Black Friday you can upgrade to the 2.5's when they are 20% off and free shipping :grin

I have a set of the mStudts non-disco endlinks for sale but that's not going to help you...ha. I'd only caution you that these end links are not set-it and forget-it. The heims will need very routine lubrication or they creak like the front end is falling apart. I know that there's an entire thread dedicated to these links and the disco version requires yet another keen eye to make sure the threaded end stays put and doesn't puncture the CV boot... I think some users commented on that.

I am selling mine because I am more simplistic these days and going the "maintenance free' route... i.e. no sway bar or keep it OEM style.

Just another guy's opinion that you didn't ask for :rofl:

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts