Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
purchased my fj with a k&n air intake. looking to return it back to stock since I spend a lot of time on dusty roads in the summer. anyone got one laying around?

Premium Member
Welcome from Oregon 馃檪

What year is your FJ? Got a picture of the K&N installation?

Premium Member
Does it draw cold air from the wheel well? Does the hood or something else seal the top of the box?

My '13 stock system is stored in the garage but I'm pretty sure it won't fit.. But I don't know much (anything) about the 07-09 FJ air boxes. Someone with a '07 can help out.

If the K&N draws air from the wheel well and that top is sealed I think it would be ok.

Stock '13
IMG_0331.JPG

My Airaid with the cover off.
IMG_0353.JPG

Both draw cold air from the wheel well. And both are sealed. Airaid filter element similar to the K&N.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
it's not completely sealed off. but it is near the wheel well. i may try an aem dry flow filter and pre filter this summer if I cant find an 07-09 airbox and hose

Registered
purchased my fj with a k&n air intake. looking to return it back to stock since I spend a lot of time on dusty roads in the summer. anyone got one laying around?
I will look today to see if I still have one. I took this off my '08 a few years ago but I'm not certain I still have it.
If I have it you can get it for very cheap plus shipping cost. I think it still has an almost new filter in it too. I'll let you know later today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts