Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an OEM spare tire carrier (without camera) in new / "like new" condition. Anyone have one laying around they're willing to sell for dirt cheap?

:rocker:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey rumbleph1sh... I'm actually in the market for one of these too... well potentially.. Do you know if it's possible to turn the "with camera" version into the "without camera" version? Is a completely different piece of are there just added pieces? I'm interested because I want to be able to run my spare with the center cap and just either reposition the camera or remove it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey rumbleph1sh... I'm actually in the market for one of these too... well potentially.. Do you know if it's possible to turn the "with camera" version into the "without camera" version? Is a completely different piece of are there just added pieces? I'm interested because I want to be able to run my spare with the center cap and just either reposition the camera or remove it.
Yea, looks like the part is about $140 new so I'm hoping someone has one laying around. You can cut the two small welds and remove the camera from our version pretty easily, but I'm hoping to find another one to avoid the hassle and allow me to run the camera again in the future if I ever want to.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have one, send me a PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts