Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a nice hard plastic holster for my Glock 20 and after some measurements, started putting holes in the back of the console to mount the holster. The second try worked, but I still think it sucks. I'm going to do some more modification to the console until it is exactly what I want. Then I'm going to replace the console, applying all my lessons learned to the new one and only drill once. :)

Appreciate any leads anyone might have on a console out of a wrecked FJ or something like that.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think your best bet is to have the "good fortune" of watching a totaled FJ on a flatbed drive past you... Then you can follow it to the junk yard!

Or, if you don't have a conscience, test drive a new one, and switch the consoles out while they let you take it out for a spin... bondo is your friend...

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think your best bet is to have the "good fortune" of watching a totaled FJ on a flatbed drive past you... Then you can follow it to the junk yard!

Or, if you don't have a conscience, test drive a new one, and switch the consoles out while they let you take it out for a spin... bondo is your friend...
heh heh. I know there are a bunch out there. Just have to wait until someone on here sees this and knows where I can find one. I have time and patience. It'll happen.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a tuffy console but I think what I did will work for you too, I bought a flat pancake style holster, trimmed it the right shape and just drilled four small holes for mounting. It holds my gun nice and snug and is quite as well.
Also with the gun,holster and console all black it's very difficult to see {normally when I leave the truck I bring the gun with me.} But sumtimes I just can't.

Good luck with your project!

-Mark

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a lot of members on tonight. Bumping this thread to see if someone out there knows of a place I can get the rearmost part of the center console for my final holster modification, after the poorly executed first couple of attempts. Damn the hollow thing anyway.

Cheers!

Mike

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump again to see if someone out there knows where I can find this rear part of the console. Can't imagine what Toyota wants for it.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Bump again to see if someone out there knows where I can find this rear part of the console. Can't imagine what Toyota wants for it.
Probably about 500. :(

I would also try to find salvaged FJ's

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The way this one guy down here drives his and the amount of time it spends in the shop his may become salvaged. I will keep my eyes open on Louiaiana 4x4 forums to hear if that actually happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts