Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Vendor
9,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be a longshot, but I'm looking to buy a salvaged FJ in the midwest for under $10k. Damage is ok and preferred lol. Planning to fix up into a rock crawler build for my fiancé. If you see something shoot me a link or let me know what you've got. I've been looking on copart and other bidding sites but would prefer to find a deal face to face.

-Devon

· Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
900 Posts
You may want to find out where insurance companies auction off their vehicles. Check the tital status. I found this when I did a search....

• Any salvage car, in any state, is completely illegal to drive. That’s because these cars have actually had their original title certificates traded in for what’s called a “salvage title”. A car can’t be registered or insured if it has a salvage title, and therefore can’t be driven even if it’s intact enough to be capable of being driven.
<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

· Vendor
9,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may want to find out where insurance companies auction off their vehicles. Check the tital status. I found this when I did a search....

• Any salvage car, in any state, is completely illegal to drive. That’s because these cars have actually had their original title certificates traded in for what’s called a “salvage title”. A car can’t be registered or insured if it has a salvage title, and therefore can’t be driven even if it’s intact enough to be capable of being driven.
<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
Generally, a vehicle with a salvage title must be repaired and then is inspected and issued a rebuilt title.

I am looking for any cheap FJ with damage and with any form of title.

· Admin
6,862 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.