Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in the Fort Worth/Dallas TX area, WTB a spare tire cover w/camera cutout, preferably black.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a black one from 2010 that i took off as soon as i left dealership it also has the gray disk that goes over the rim. If you want it $80.00 plus shipping. I am in Louisiana. Just let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply but I'm a little confused; I thought it was either one or the other... either the small disk by itself or a large cover... are you saying they are two different versions?

·
Registered
485 Posts
hey thanks for the reply but I'm a little confused; I thought it was either one or the other... either the small disk by itself or a large cover... are you saying they are two different versions?
The new FJ's came with both covers. There is a cover that goes over the entire stock wheel and tire. There is also a cover that is the size of the rim that covers the camera housing underneath the larger cover. The outer one is black and the inner one is silver. If you plan to put larger tires on, the larger cover will not work.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Also, the camera image in the rear-view is much better with only the disk on the spare.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
so there is another small disk besides the ones shown below?

1) Spare carrier
2) Spare carrier Bolt
3) Spare carrier Stud
4) Spare carrier Nut
5) Wheel bolt Type a
6) Wheel bolt Type b
7) Spare cover Dealer installed
8) Spare cover Factory installed
9) Spare cover Hole cover

·
Registered
485 Posts
so there is another small disk besides the ones shown below?

1) Spare carrier
2) Spare carrier Bolt
3) Spare carrier Stud
4) Spare carrier Nut
5) Wheel bolt Type a
6) Wheel bolt Type b
7) Spare cover Dealer installed
8) Spare cover Factory installed
9) Spare cover Hole cover
No. It comes with numbers 7 and 8. The image is wrong though. Number 7 has a camera cut-out also, so it fits over number 8. Also, number 7 isn't just a disk; it covers the entire tire.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I have the black one from a 2010 with a camera cut out. I am in San Antonio. How soon do you need it? I go to Denton every couple of weeks. PM me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok but sorry its still not clear; will the large number 7 cover work without having the smaller # 8 disk installed? ...or does the large one flex too much and uses the small disk to stabilize it...?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ok but sorry its still not clear; will the large number 7 cover work without having the smaller # 8 disk installed? ...or does the large one flex too much and uses the small disk to stabilize it...?
It will work without # 8. The smaller disk acts as a security feature also because it bolts onto the rim. Hope that clarifies your question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts