Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB stock rear differential 3.73 R&P Gears

I am in SoCal - Orange County and will be building up a complete 3rd member with an ARB locker. Anyone have a R&P set they don't need?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: WTB stock rear differential 3.73 R&P Gears

We have some in stock. Just call to order
509-888-2953
I should have clarified:

I am looking to avoid buying a new set. I am hoping that someone Installed a locker and/or regeared and has the originals kicking around the garage. I would like to get a super cheap or free deal on slightly used stock gears.

The locker I bought has 4.11 yukons installed that I will take out and replace with the stock Toyota 3.73 R&P gears.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump...........

I am still looking for a good used ring and pinon set from a stock Toyota axle

:hat: :bouncy: :hat: :bouncy: :hat: :bouncy: :hat: :bouncy: :hat: :bouncy:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump...........

Someone who has regeared must have a set they need to get rid of?

:wave::):wave::):wave::):wave::):wave::):wave::)

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Bump...........

Someone who has regeared must have a set they need to get rid of?

:wave::):wave::):wave::):wave::):wave::):wave::)
Call Jim at Inchworm. I left him my set after he re-geared my rig this summer. I would guess he might still have them laying around his shop.

Don't forget to mention my name, he will surely double the price...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call Jim at Inchworm. I left him my set after he re-geared my rig this summer. I would guess he might still have them laying around his shop.

Don't forget to mention my name, he will surely double the price...
Thanks! I just called but Jim is out until 1 PM.

Will he know you by your screen name? Since I am in SoCal the shipping might be a pain unless the gears are almost free.

I'll let you know and thanks so much for the tip!

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Thanks! I just called but Jim is out until 1 PM.

Will he know you by your screen name? Since I am in SoCal the shipping might be a pain unless the gears are almost free.

I'll let you know and thanks so much for the tip!
Shipping isn't that bad since I paid it for the gears from JT's that went into mine. I don't know how much you are planning to spend and don't know what Jim will sell them for either.

I hope he knows my screen name or you can just say that I'm his favorite NC customer.

I would also call the guys at JT's to see what they have to offer in customer take outs. You may be better off with them considering my rear R&P are from an "early build", part of the reason I did the re-gear anyway. I'm sure a close inspection will help identify any problems (I recall that Jim and I looked at them and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary) but you might be better off getting a set of take-outs from a rig that was built after Aug/Sep of 06...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Shipping isn't that bad since I paid it for the gears from JT's that went into mine. I don't know how much you are planning to spend and don't know what Jim will sell them for either.

I hope he knows my screen name or you can just say that I'm his favorite NC customer.

I would also call the guys at JT's to see what they have to offer in customer take outs. You may be better off with them considering my rear R&P are from an "early build", part of the reason I did the re-gear anyway. I'm sure a close inspection will help identify any problems (I recall that Jim and I looked at them and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary) but you might be better off getting a set of take-outs from a rig that was built after Aug/Sep of 06...
Good points. Thanks! Jim was busy but I think it was Matt that answered the phone and on his first pass and could not find your old gears.

The shop that will set up the pumpkin for me can sell me new gears for $200 so I'd like to beat that by a good margin.

The ARB currently has 4.11s on it so I'll sell those afterwards to offset my costs.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I should have clarified, we still have some good used take-outs available. new oem is $$$$$
When you actually have some in stock can you please PM me.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BUMPITY-BUMP

While I have been waiting to find cheap gears I've installed the ARB compressor but I need some nice used stock R&P gears...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Two new switches in the lineup

Compressor bolted down with a red dust cap on the outlet

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BUMP!

I am still looking for the stock R&P set

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to a great deal this 3rd member is now in my garage!

Now I get to start towards building up my locker!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, my rear ring has broke (again), can you recomand any better r&p than the OEM?
3.73 ratio for 2007 FJC
thank you

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello, my rear ring has broke (again), can you recomand any better r&p than the OEM?
3.73 ratio for 2007 FJC
thank you
The OEMs are really good but maybe the issue is the third member. I recall reading somewhere that when the OEM differential is under heavy loads there can be some flex or deflection (correct term?) that screws things up. ARB air lockers are supposed to be more "solid". Other than that, maybe your tires are too big and you need to gear down?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts