Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a discontinued item from the manufacturer.☹
I'd prefer to find a new one. I've had no luck on my Google searches and every vendor I have made contact with has gone the extra mile to locate one with no success. I'll settle for a used one in decent shape. I don't care if it's bare steel or painted. Price and shipping have to make sense to 32960. Shoot me a PM if you have or know of one.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,387 Posts
Have you asked TG if you can buy the prints so you can fab your own if they wont?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Free bump for you. It's a good design. Much better mounting than other T-case skids IMHO. I'm running one. Only complaint is sometimes the exhaust cross over pipe will hit the skid and start rattling.
It's a shame that some of these items are no longer available. Understandable since the FJ is no longer available here as a new vehicle. I'm a bit late to the game so I've been a day late and a dollar short on finding some of the aftermarket parts I want. Hoping to find one, but may have to make one based on this design as it doesn't rely on other skids for support. Not a lot of rock crawling around here so most of the other aftermarket skids are optional, but an old tree stump isn't an uncommon surprise that could end a day of fun.
You aren't the first one I have read mentioning the exhaust rattle so may have to sacrifice a little ground clearance to give the crossover pipe a little extra room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts