Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to trade my 16" Black TRD Wheels off of my TT for a set of 16" Silver TRD's. Mine are mounted on stock BFG tires with 21,400 miles on them.

Anybody local here in the metroplex or surroundings that have a nice set want to deal? I would like to find a nice set soon.

cd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I'm trying to trade first...
Wheels and tires for wheels and tires.
Want to go with 33" tires but would like the silver rims instead of by blackies.

I'm in Weatherford, Texas.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Why would you do such a thing?

Are they whacked or something

Sell them easy 1000.00+++ with decent tires

I've been offered 1200 for mine but I declined with no hesitation

I would rather keep them.

These are the only untouchable set of wheels for the fj

My .03

·
Registered
354 Posts
How about my chrome Weld Racing rims? I have 285/70/17 BFG's with decent tread remaining but I'm located in Mission, TX about 8 hrs from DFW.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
You, my friend, have lost your mind. I would NEVER give up my black TT rims.

I would like to trade my 16" Black TRD Wheels off of my TT for a set of 16" Silver TRD's. Mine are mounted on stock BFG tires with 21,400 miles on them.

Anybody local here in the metroplex or surroundings that have a nice set want to deal? I would like to find a nice set soon.

cd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry. I'm not an idiot. I'm newer to FJ's than all of you but i thought the 16" TRD rims have been buit fir two models. Black were TT's, Gray were TRD's, and Silver later TRD's... If they are all the same width than it is only a preference to me. I don't understand "untouchable"...they are for sale online all the time. What makes them so special but demand? Please school me if need be. I would rather trade on this site than evilbay them.

As far as other rim makes...I'm only looking for the later silver TRD's.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Casey, take what I said in jest. I knew I should have used an emoticon. :)

Black TRD rims are rare and can't be purchased directly from a Toyota dealer. Even though I have a TT, I can't go down to my local Toyota dealer and buy 5 new TT rims. Can't be done. I can get them replaced only under warranty. And forget about it if you don't have a TT VIN.

I've seen lots of TT fakes, some really good(powered coated silver TRD rims), but the real McCoy is hard to find and expensive to purchase if they are still new in box or mint condition.

I'm not saying a good deal doesn't turn up now and then(hey, there is one right here!), but in most cases, black TT rims are expensive items to obtain.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I have 17" Rims that are 6 spoke silver off my 2010 with firestone tires. I have 1K on them and would be interested. can you send me a pic?
I also pm'd you with more details.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Casey, check with Shannon @ Champion Toyota of Houston 713-835-9397 (work cell) 800-327-2087 (toll free line). He is a Supporting Vendor on the forum.

The silver TRD wheels can be bought for under $130 a wheel. I would just buy a second set and store your TT wheels (if you have the room).

I made the mistake of selling my TRD wheels a couple of years ago to a friend, but I have now been lucky enough a get a second set of TRD wheels. They are still in the boxes and stored with all my FJ parts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 2010 TT wheels are probably going to be harder to come by in a few years as they are a 1 year run. for 2011 they went back to the old black spoked rims. I would agree, keep em and buy some of the silvers new. Even if you do not like them when you go to sell your truck someone might want an actual TT with the rims.

·
Registered
237 Posts
fjttse is right, why sell or even trade

the real tt black are a no touch anywhere

again powdercoateds are out there

the 2010 are available now on ebay with the beadlock no problem

i had a silver trd set with 285s i just sold, i would have traded them and even given you a free carwash if you wanted to trade

you do have the 08 TT right? blacked out and you want to put silvers on?

youre hiding something dude let us know how bad you busted the 2 on the passenger side and you cant find replacements, lol

jk, man

do what makes you happy, and the rest of us real tt wheels owners sad. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have alot of PM's asking about other rims and such...

I just posted this to see if anyone already had what I was looking for.
(16" Silver TRD's on slightly larger tires in great condition (as shown)).
What I would do is trade the Black TT/TRD's with the stock BFG tires for that possible find. It is not that big of a deal...

Any local meets coming up?
I might have better luck hitting a few of them.

cd

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Casey - have to agree with the majority here... KEEP your black TT rims, once you get rid of them, good luck getting them back.

I have tried to buy them a number of times for over $1000 with no luck, they are simply that hard to come by! No one can buy a complete set, unless someone offers to sell/trade - like you.

The silver TT rims on the other hand can be bought from numerous dealers at decent prices on the internet.

If you are set on getting rid of them - sell them for a good price, the money you make will enable you to buy the silver TT rims plus cover most of the cost of the tires you want - all brand new.

That said, I wish I was in Texas...I would buy new silver TT rims and trade you for the your used black TT rims.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!:wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts