Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a xmitter 22" LED light bar on order and I need some mounting suggestions. My FJ is stock besides some 883 front coils and pro comp wheels. I am trying to figure out where I could mount this light bar. I have a roof rack as well. I was thinking of cutting the plastic honeycomb area where the front bumper is to the size of the light bar but how would I secure it? I was also thinking of just mounting it on top of the bumper where the factory auxiliary lights are mounted but again how would I secure it? Any suggestions would be great or any other mounting locations would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
If you decide to mount it on top of the bumper then you could just bolt it down. There is a steel cross beam that the factory front bumper sits right over. Many (including myself) have used this beam to mount after market lights such as Piaa and KC's. This will give the light bar a solid place to mount to.

If you want to mount it in the lower grill, then more than likely you will have to fab up some custom brackets as i don't believe there is anything solid right in that area to mount the bar to. I could be wrong, but last time i was under the front bumper i don't recall seeing any cross beams that low to just bolt any lighting to.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
I wouldn't reccomend mounting to lower honeycomb grille. I was just talking to someone about doing that same type of install but I think it would obsruct airflow to the radiator. Seems that area flows a lot of air.

I'm almost sure there would be no problem but just something to consider:cheers:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Rigid offers a lightbar mount for the stock roof rack I am pretty sure. I will say I had my hellas on the bumper and they didn't shake at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry but I am not very good when it comes to mechanics lol. So how would I bolt it down to te cross beam? Drill holes in the stock bumper? Sorry if it's a stupid question. Thanks for the advise!!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Sorry but I am not very good when it comes to mechanics lol. So how would I bolt it down to te cross beam? Drill holes in the stock bumper? Sorry if it's a stupid question. Thanks for the advise!!
Yes. Place the light with mounting brackets attached and place it on the bumper were you want it making sure the mounting tabs are above the cross member. Mark were the holes and drill. use nuts and bolt (make sure there stainless) and you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts