Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the company from SEMA, Xplore, is making these available at any Toyota dealer across the country. Seems like a great deal for someone who wants an beefed up rig without the work. All I can say is, I'm in love. The dark green, with the black wheels and ARB, mmmmmm. Anyone know how much a kidney is worth these days?

Xplore Adventure Series vehicles want you to see our National Parks — Autoblog

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
That is a good lookin ride for sure... someone will be lucky to have it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
nice looking rig but I don't like the wheels...and I'm not a fan of leather on anything that is utility based. In fact, since I got rid of my last car and got my Tacoma, i don't know that I'll get leather again. Other than that, it's a sweet looking ride!!!

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Need to get it dirty, then it will much nicer. I like it, though I wouldn't add so much weight.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
This is nothing new. When the FJ first came out they had the FJ Crawler eeditions whitch were basicly what these were. Prices were around $40K for a 3" OME lift, pro-comp wheels and tires, ARB bumper and roof rack, IPF lights, and leather interior with "FJ crawler" on the head rests. Only thing they didn't have were snorkels since they weren't out at the time.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
So how much will these go for and how do you order them? Will that flat green color be a wrap?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's a wrap. Check out the interior pic. You can see the that the truck was originally silver and still has the silver stereo surround and door jams.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I wonder what the price will be. It looks nice, but I don't think I'd buy one. I could be wrong but it appears to have carpeted floor mats. Thats dumb.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went and checked one out yesterday at the Toyota dealer yesterday.
The FJ is nice it has all the ARB goodies you would want. This one had a tent on top that was awesome. ARB compressor under the hood. Tire and wheeles are perfect also. It had OME 3" suspension.
The things I wondered why were:
1. Why carpet mats? If anyone buys this truck and use it like it is meant to be used they will ruin these mats 1st time out.
2. Why leather seats? Sweaty...The stock waterproof ones would be fine to me.
3. The color is nice I like it but it is a sticker/decal and was torn on the corners... I was not really impressed it looked put on fast with no detail.

4. They wanted 60K for it....

It was nice but not worth 60K to me. It accually made me like mine a little more..

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Yeah it's a wrap. Check out the interior pic. You can see the that the truck was originally silver and still has the silver stereo surround and door jams.
Don't they all come with the silver interior parts unless upgraded to color match?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know for sure, but I would assume that is correct. I kinda like the silver with the green though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i read that they are also supercharged, does anyone know if that is true? i heard that toyota wasn't going to make one for the new motor...

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Supercharging is not one of the mods. I have one and love it. There are two different stages (packages) plus they do custom upgrades. I had my 2011 Trail Team shipped to them and had a custom package done. They were really easy to work with (but hard to get to, Adrian, MI is an hour and a half southwest of Detroit).

Check out http://www.xplorevehicles.com/toyota/Xplore-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser.asp

·
Admin
7,666 Posts
Looks good....

But......... carpet floor mats???? Seriously?

:cheers:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I work for a Toyota Dealership in AZ. I have sold one of these a couple weeks ago. It was the stage 3 basically everything minus ARB fridge/freezer.

Price $53,005.00

Takes 3 weeks to be built.

Let me know of more questions as I had to do all the research.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts