Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To URD:

I think the Y-pipe is the best-kept secret of all the FJ mods. Several people have PM'd me about it and I am wondering if you guys could consider a group buy. It has been great for me because of the ground clearance improvement alone. Also I do not have to worry about busting off my exhaust on a rock anymore. I could feel the HP gain but just don't know how much it was.

So... any thoughts on the group buy?... come on!!!!!

Check THIS out: no more exhaust pinch point!

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Tempting!
But I don't think my All Pro trans skid would clear it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would be interested.

is it a direct bolt on? If so that would be an easy swap come emissions time!

·
Registered
459 Posts
is it emissions ok??

Not a chance. You'll fail a visual long before they ever stick a sniffer in the tail pipe.

Hence my asking if its bolt on, cause if it is ( like the 89 Saleen SSC I owned with the off road H pipe) it would be a matter of a half hour to swap them back and forth come emissions time.

That would be sweet!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I want the group buy no visual checks here in GA and no emissions on new cars fro three years.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
i might be in if the price is right

·
Vendor
542 Posts
The URD Y-Pipe for the FJ fixes the problem of the stock Y pipe being a rock anchor and gets the exhaust up out of the way and keeps it higher than the frame cross member.

This prevents damage to the exhaust while off road. I have seen people smash the stock Y pipe that hands down low under the transfer case almost completely shut while wheeling. Kind of kills the power for the ride home…

A nice side benifit is increased performance and increased MPG from a freer flowing exhaust.

Just crawl under your FJ and you will see that the stock Y pipe hangs down low under the transfer case just looking to ruin your fun day of wheeling.

The current price of the URD FJ Y-Pipe is $379.

For this group buy URD will drop the price to $319 for up to 10 bars. If we can get 10 or more people to commit the price will drop to $289. We should be able to ship all the Y-Pipes right away.

Lets run this until October 15th. If we meet the numbers we need then URD will tell you how to place your order at the reduced group buy price.

If all goes well you should have your URD Y-Pipe installed for the East Coast Fall Colors Ride event at the end of the month. I will see some of your there!!

Underdog Racing Development

Gadget

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Does this price include shipping?

How easy is it to get it over the crossmember next to the transfer case and oil pan? Does this member need to be removed or can you just swing the exhaust around enough to get it all routed thru?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The crossmember stays. Bolt-in. I want to repeat this is a GREAT offroad mod because it does 3 things at once. It removes the pinch point, increases your overall clearance, and gets you HP. I dunno what the HP number is, but I could most definitely feel it.

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Does this price include shipping?

How easy is it to get it over the crossmember next to the transfer case and oil pan? Does this member need to be removed or can you just swing the exhaust around enough to get it all routed thru?

Thanks in advance.

Larry
For those that are worried about emmissions, warranty and such, it is very easy to swap out. It is about a 10 minute job.

It is simple to install. Once you get the stock one out, ours just tucks in rear first to the tail pipe, then the front lifts into the position at the cats.

Gadget

·
Registered
157 Posts
Im in for a Y-pipe and I'm interested in the JBA Ti or Doug Thorley headers too

1 - 20 of 127 Posts