Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
GW that is a custom 3" exhaust URD did for me. It is a prototype just like the Y-pipe was at the time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Just ordered, please verify, 2007, Automatic and 4WD. Please ship with bung plug too please.

Thanks for the great deal!!!!!!!!!!

$316 delivered.......:)

Attilla

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine just arrived. URD does a great packing job! Like others, I called for a bung plug.
Group buys are a good thing; it's time for the aFe CAI.

·
fka GW193
1,392 Posts
Talked to the guys at URD, they said they accidentally shipped the three bung Y-pipes, they were specials done for those who were installing wideband O2 sensors. Those who got the three bung pipes are ready to do the wideband install if you do a supercharger/ecu upgrade. They will ship a bung with any unfilled orders, if you already received your pipe give them a call, they will ship you one the same day. Great service! Thanks A2A

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
I wanted a Y-Pipe :( I would easily buy it for 316$ shipped...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I wanted a Y-Pipe :( I would easily buy it for 316$ shipped...
Call em, the discount code didn't work, so I called and they fixed it while I was online.............

Attilla

PS: I gotta say, it felt kinda weird asking for a bung plug, I usually don't roll like that..........

·
Registered
151 Posts
Got mine today and it looks great. I can't wait to install. If I have the stock manifolds with the first set of cats, do you think it will pass emissions?

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
Got mine today and it looks great. I can't wait to install. If I have the stock manifolds with the first set of cats, do you think it will pass emissions?
The first set are basically pre-cats...ain't no way you're going to pass. You'll have to bolt back on the stock stuff.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Got mine all ready to install, but I am having a problem getting the stock stuff off. Anyone have any suggestions? PLEASE!
Either bend the Bracket support exhaust prong on the pipe or remove the Keeper around the pipe, I'm sure you're talking about the driver's side 1/2.
Be sure to remove all bolts and unplug both of the 02 sensors.
Should be a snap after that.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It'a a little louder, but definitely has more kick.

I have wrapped the pipe closest to the trans pan with some thermal ceramic wrap as to not let heat transfer, not that it would be an issue, there's plenty of room to prevent heat transfer anyway, I just do things like that.

Great job on the pipe URD, my kuddos, easy install after all the parts are off from stock. Nice fit, nice sound.

Keep your stock parts, you may need them someday!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was installing my Y pipe today and I ran into a snag. One of the nuts on the pre-cats was coming off stripped. I tightened it back up and tried again, but it feels like I might snap the stud. I put it back together because I figured at the very least I would need a new nut. Any suggestions on getting the nut off and doing the least amount of damage.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Any suggestions on getting the nut off and doing the least amount of damage.
dirty talk:silly:

I've always had luck with dremels to remove stuff like that, cut a good slot in the side of the nut, then put a screwdriver in there and turn until the nut snaps or bends enough to remove.

It's a long bolt, maybe after the nut is removed you could use washers to get to the clean threads above where the bad nut is, if there are any left.

Attilla

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and pick up a couple spare exhaust nuts and a spare stud in case I break it. i just didn't want to push it with out a back up plan. It looks like the nut that was stripping, had a dent on the locking edge. I had trouble with my skid bolts as well on a previous mod. They just came out stripped. I must of had a crazed japanese worker assembling my FJ.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and pick up a couple spare exhaust nuts and a spare stud in case I break it. i just didn't want to push it with out a back up plan. It looks like the nut that was stripping, had a dent on the locking edge. I had trouble with my skid bolts as well on a previous mod. They just came out stripped. I must of had a crazed japanese worker assembling my FJ.
Yeah, one of my skid bolts was put on cross threaded, and snapped off when I was taking my skid off to pound it back flat. Damn crazy Japanese with their crazy impacts and what not. Crazy crazy crazy I tells ya.

Great deal URD, is this deal still going on? How much longer is it going? I need one, but need money first.

J

·
Vendor
542 Posts
You should pass a plug in test and a sniffer test just fine with the rear cats removed.

The power levels they test at, idle and very low power if they use a tread mill, it will probably be fine.

In my state they just do a plug in test. That is where they plug their computer into your computer and they talk to each other. It will pass that test just fine.

You may have a problem with a visual test if the test facility knows exactly what they are looking for, but they will probably see the front ones in place and that will be that. I doubt they have any idea without looking it up in a book how many cats and where they are on each and every vehicle.

Now with all that said, so we don't get in trouble with the Gobment, we do market it as an off road only item...

Gadget

·
Vendor
542 Posts
If it snaps off, don't worry to much.

Just drill it out and replace it with a longer bolt and use a nut on the other side. I try to use stainless fasteners on all exhaust system parts when I have to replace them.

You can always run it down to your local exhaust shop and let them worry about it.

I do suggest using Permetex high temp antiseize when you reassemble it.

Gadget

·
fka GW193
1,392 Posts
Got mine on today...took some finagling to get the oldies off.They are awsome, barely noticable at idle and low rpm, but very nice throughthe better part of the power curve 1500 to 3500rpm, even
with the factory exhaust still in place. Can't wait to get the TRD catback on. I would imagine another nice boost with a CAI. Any way, well worth the price!

81 - 100 of 127 Posts