Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I used to average 16.5-16.9 90% of the time. 50-50 freeway/city driving. On my first tank after the Y-pipe, i got 17.5, but i've only run one tank thru it since the swap. So I cant be sure of the improvement. Ill keep you updated after I run a few more tanks of gas thru it.

-Mike:)

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
im down. I just put on my JBA cat-back and wanting to get this Y-pipe on.

DominicG: i just sent gadget a pm asking about another group buy.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If we get enough people together to get it back down in the $289 range I am in for one. I'll keep an eye out over here to see if you do another one.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Still haven't heard back from the pm i sent Gadget almost a week ago. I am guessing we could get at least 10-15 people to jump on this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
IMO - One of the best quick mods to clean-up the exhaust notes (sorry no sound clips), especially when hooked up with a CAI and free-flow cat-back. Cabin sound levels go up slightly - and even more so at full throttle, but in a good way for the likes of me. Just remember to keep your stock factory y-pipe for future smog checks and avoid the AQMD savvy. I would suggest making sure to also disconnect your battery during the install for a CAI and/or Y-pipe to allow the ECU to re-learn the new air/fuel flow mixtures it will now deal with. It gave back some of the performance I lost when going to 35" MT's (KM2's and a RCX 6" lift). Thanks URD for a cool product!

·
Registered
514 Posts
just to let everyone know. i bought one about 2 weeks ago and was told by Brian, one of the owners of URD that they wont be doing another group buy any time soon. he told me they barley broke even on the pipes on the last group buy. he also told me they were going to be making them with different materials for the next run, they will be cheaper but they wont be making them untill the end of summer. i couldn't wait that long.

these pipes are masterpieces and made out of the best of the best stainless, remember quality costs money. the pipes as they are now will probably last for 50 years, overkill? probably but you'll never buy another one. we would all love to get them dirt cheap but if they dont make a few bucks they dont make new products and then we all sit here wondering why they haven't. just my 2 cents but if you want one buy one.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Do you use the stock O2 sensors in the Y-pipe???? And if so that causes no problems with ECU dash lights???

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
just to let everyone know. i bought one about 2 weeks ago and was told by Brian, one of the owners of URD that they wont be doing another group buy any time soon. he told me they barley broke even on the pipes on the last group buy. he also told me they were going to be making them with different materials for the next run, they will be cheaper but they wont be making them untill the end of summer. i couldn't wait that long.

these pipes are masterpieces and made out of the best of the best stainless, remember quality costs money. the pipes as they are now will probably last for 50 years, overkill? probably but you'll never buy another one. we would all love to get them dirt cheap but if they dont make a few bucks they dont make new products and then we all sit here wondering why they haven't. just my 2 cents but if you want one buy one.
That is kind of weird because i have been pm-ing Gadget about getting one together and he told me next week they should have one ready to go.
Something about them finding a new maker or something

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I am really looking at getting the Y-Pipe but I have one question. I notice that the pipe runs right under the pan of the auto trans and I was wondering if the heat might effect the transmission by overheating it????

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
x2. even if it does clear, the y pipe will be in harm's way.
The y-pipe does not "hang" as low as the cross member, so it is less likely to get hit compared to the original design.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts