Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Vendor
542 Posts
I am really looking at getting the Y-Pipe but I have one question. I notice that the pipe runs right under the pan of the auto trans and I was wondering if the heat might effect the transmission by overheating it????

:cheers:
According to a transmission temp gauge there was no change in tranny temp.

Gadget

·
Registered
634 Posts
You should pass a plug in test and a sniffer test just fine with the rear cats removed.

The power levels they test at, idle and very low power if they use a tread mill, it will probably be fine.

In my state they just do a plug in test. That is where they plug their computer into your computer and they talk to each other. It will pass that test just fine.
It's been almost a year since these began going out.. anyone go through their local emissions testing facility with these on and pass the sniffer/dyno test?
Most shops around here dont do visuals so I'm not concerned about that, but if I can pass w/o removing these things then it's an hour saved in the sweltering heat!

·
Registered
459 Posts
The URD Y-Pipe for the FJ fixes the problem of the stock Y pipe being a rock anchor and gets the exhaust up out of the way and keeps it higher than the frame cross member.

This prevents damage to the exhaust while off road. I have seen people smash the stock Y pipe that hands down low under the transfer case almost completely shut while wheeling. Kind of kills the power for the ride home…

A nice side benifit is increased performance and increased MPG from a freer flowing exhaust.

Just crawl under your FJ and you will see that the stock Y pipe hangs down low under the transfer case just looking to ruin your fun day of wheeling.

The current price of the URD FJ Y-Pipe is $379.

For this group buy URD will drop the price to $319 for up to 10 bars. If we can get 10 or more people to commit the price will drop to $289. We should be able to ship all the Y-Pipes right away.

Lets run this until October 15th. If we meet the numbers we need then URD will tell you how to place your order at the reduced group buy price.

If all goes well you should have your URD Y-Pipe installed for the East Coast Fall Colors Ride event at the end of the month. I will see some of your there!!

Underdog Racing Development

Gadget
Are we still on the Group Buy? I might be interested in 2 (for me and my friend's truck).

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Are we still on the Group Buy? I might be interested in 2 (for me and my friend's truck).
hm, no. Plus, their prices have gone up due to material prices going up. It is 450 something now. In response to be begging for a group buy a few months ago, the DT y-pipe came out.
Plus this thread is ancient. Ancient group buy threads are USUALLY not still active.

·
Registered
459 Posts
...In response to be begging for a group buy a few months ago, the DT y-pipe came out...
Which turned out with bad quality. I've read that many owners reports leaks with DT.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Which turned out with bad quality. I've read that many owners reports leaks with DT.
I have been told on here that the pipe leaks if you use the stock gaskets. The pipe size changes and you need to us URD's gaskets. I'm waiting on my gaskets, once I install it I will let you know how it goes. I put a stock Toyota gasket on the y-pipe and I can see that its smaller than the pipe. There is no way it would seal with the stock gasket.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts