Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be on to something pretty cheap and possibly effective for those of us with factory racks....

I have mighty mounts from putting yakima powderhounds for the winter. I have been looking for a reasonable way to mount a shovel and an axe on the roof. I also want to put a long PVC tube to hold my fly rods and not have to disassemble them every time i want to go somewhere else. I have to admit the PVC part was something that a buddy of mine used to do with zip ties on his rack 10 years ago, put a bungee cord on the end of the tube to keep the flyrod from coming out while driving.

at any rate, I just ordered some quick fists from eBay really cheap...
QUICK FIST TOOL HOLDER CLAMP FIRE / RESCUE TRUCK - (item 110158690048 end time Aug-19-07 08:17:26 PDT)

If this works, i will be very pleased.

I will post pics when i get it all in...
Feel free to give some of your ideas or thoughts...

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
The Mighty Mounts work great for an ax/shovel, I used them with bolts and holes I drilled into my ax/shovel.
Home Brewed Shovel Mount (and axe mount) - YotaTech Forums

I have since switched over to the Quick Fists, but also using the rings from Fourtreks.

I take it your mounts will be on the top slats on the rack, or are you using a Mighty Mount that fits the 1.75" round tubing of the stock rack?

·
Registered
222 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts