Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an epic day today exploring the high country. Found a lot of snow but the day was perfect. Upper 60’s, not a could in the sky, no wind. Went up Yankee Boy Basin first. Then went down to Silverton and took County Rd 2 up to Animas Forks. Last went up Hurricane Pass. All of these were basically drive to where the snow blocks the road then hike in. Going to post a few pictures now.

This massive washout was the main blockage on Yankee Boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yankee Boy, Animas, & Huricane

Awesome pics - thanks for posting! Any idea if Imogene, Black Bear and Poughkeepsie are making progress?

From what I read they are planning to do Ophir first starting in mid-June followed by Imogene and then Black Bear. Ophir is open to the Summit from the 550 side. Here is a picture of the entrance to Imogene and it does not appear they have started anything on it yet. I have not heard anything on Poughkeepsie. If I had not broken my strut I would have done some more exploring today but alas I am grounded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
We were on Yankee Boy Saturday, could not get near the switch backs, drove thru cut path of 10 foot drifts. Actually had snowed there earlier in the day it appeared. A lot of avalanches on the way up. This area appears to have really been hit hard with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts