Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f9v3Zxr1q7kA6iqJRUFHIH-3F2UnNQNZ/view?usp=sharing
Above is my pre purchase inspection results and attached are the carfax and autocheck reports. So I have wanted an FJ for years and I am finally on the market for another vehicle, this one is in my price range (15.5k) and is coming from a wholesale lot. I was a little worried due to it sitting at the lot for 48 days, but it is local to me and great deal on cargurus. Coincidentally, I'm on a business trip for a month, so just wanting second opinions on this.
I only have to sign a few more papers and it will be official so I definitely want to make sure it's worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
For me it’s a nay without seeing undercarriage pics for a truck from the NE

Notes says it’s scratched up, headliner and rear seats terrible shape and full smokers car, which alone is nay for me

But your word carries most weight. Good luck with the decision, I prefer a southern non smoker cleaner truck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right! The rust is bothering me the most. I will ask my sales rep for pictures for me to confirm the deal. The inspector did seem to be very picky, which is good in my case. The scratches and bumps he pictured don’t bother me to much and I can get a good detail in to clean interior. I just haven’t seen any at a comparable mile/price point.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Man....i would run away from that report (not the CARFAX but the condition report). You are in TN...how about this one right here on the forums:

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/vehicles-sale/737086-2010-fj-4x4-auto-14k-ne-georgia.html

Cheaper and in way better condition and the newer motor and rear end (8.2)....and last I checked NE Georgia aint that far away from TN.

Yes, I realize it is more miles, but the one posted here seems like a way better bargain. You've readed JimmyBuffetts guide to buying FJs havent you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did read Buffetts guide! I actually just convinced myself to get a cheaper FJ rather than a 20-25k ish new gen 4Runner. So I definitely want to be logical with it and although the dealership has great reviews, the salesman has been pretty shady with me. So thanks, I think I’ll back out of the deal. Is one with such high miles really a great value at that price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol I’m gone and not looking back, they’re giving me trouble with the “partial payment” hold I put down. Oh well, off to dispute my card

1 - 9 of 9 Posts