Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Yeah! Bring it on!

7K views 53 replies 30 participants last post by  TitaniumTonka 
#1 ·
Summit 2012! :rocker:

Sound off everyone!

#2 ·
i'm saving already. might just plan my vacation around this, hitting moab on the way back.

#3 ·
I plan on going but will be camping out and trying to trek from Aspen south hitting nothing but dirt (where possible) to get to Ouray. Anyone is welcome to come and the goal is to be there by Saturday's Metal Tech party so I might start the trip on the Monday before the summit.

#4 ·
YEEEEAAAAHHHH! Planning for 2012 to be my first time!

When I'm in the FJ and hit the highway to drive out of town (often), I can't help but start daydreaming about the drive to Ouray. You know, "What would this be like if it was hour 12 of the drive, it would be noon and I'd be in Oklahoma..." Etc, etc. Anyone else do that? I think about it a LOT!

#6 ·
I am a Colorado newbie and hope to be able to make it...what are the dates? Thanks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#12 ·
#13 ·
yep, me and the wife are going to make it from Southwest Arkansas. I am taking 2 weeks vacation on this one. Can't wait......................:cheers:
Jax':wave:

#15 ·
they limit the official signup to 225 vehicles

#17 ·
it's usually the 3rd week of July.

#20 ·
They scale to 225.

I believe there is a limit by the BLM to the amount of vehicle passes they will give the Summit. As far as I can tell there is plenty of opportunity for all who want to attend to sign up. As folks drop out after signing up and plans change.

#21 ·
Gonna do everything to try and make it this year. Might even rough it and do the camping thing. Depends on if the wife comes or not. She wont be up for 3 or 4 days in a tent.

#46 ·
Speaking of dogs....has anyone seen any posted pictures of the 2 cute golden retrievers...??

They rode GReat! Had to let the "dust" in though...they were much happier with the back window up~! Haven't seen many of the photo threads. Also looking for BUNDI? Have some pics for him..but message me, so we dont hijack this thread! Thanks!

#23 ·
yes people bring their dogs. just make sure yours can handle a very bumpy ride for hours.

#25 · (Edited)
*Last year* (keep in mind I have no knowledge of if this will change or not for this year) it was $155 for vehicle & driver & $25 per additional person. Included 3 nights of meals for each person, a t-shirt for the driver, & a goodie bag full of fun FJ stuff in a nice bag, & a grill badge. Extremely reasonable, I honestly expected the meals to be a disappointment but was amazed at how good the food was, especially serving 400+ people each night.

Oh and as far as rooms go I believe I booked in early February & had minimal problem, the hardest part for me was hunting down pet friendly hotels & of course that limited my options for stay. I still was able to find something easily. Just be prepared to be somewhat sticker-shocked when booking, a lot of the places are fairly pricey but totally worth it of course :rocker:

#26 ·
last year you could get rooms probably up to June. After that, you keep checking because people start cancelling as the date gets closer.

#29 ·
there are campgrounds in the area. go to the 2011 Summit and there are lodging recommendations on the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.