Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys You guys have been super helpful to me so far and i just joined a week ago.
When i got my fj It didnt come with the yellow door panels :( I called my dealership about it and no luck. ( I love how they promised me they would get them when i bought the car, and now that i have the car nothing) I was woundering if i could buy it somewhere other then the dealership. I saw a website that had the aftermarket ones, but the yellow did not match the center console.

ANY HELP?

Any one has them for sale :)

You guys rock thanks!!

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Have you tried any of the auto salvage yards?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked it up and they say you have to replace the entire door panel ! wow that is nuts!!! Ergg my have to take it to the shop to get just the area painted. Doing the math, it looks like it would come out alot cheaper. A salvage yard is also a good idea. I will try to look into that

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, you have to take the door panle off to get at the retaining nuts for the insert.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh really mikey cool i will have to check that out then cause i rather get the insert then get the area painted.. I have a huge project going on for my truck and the less money i spend the better

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
unless you get them from a salvage yard, they will end up costing you a fortune at the dealer....

pull the panel inserts and have a shop paint them up for you... cheaper !...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bandi take a jersey man like yourself to think like a jersey man like myself :) i think thats what im going to do

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
:rocker:

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I've been to New Jersey.....does that count?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts