Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, another new FJ owner here :) I bought this 2013 Trail Team in early March with about 150k miles on it... due to the virus that shall not be named I haven't actually been able to register it in my state yet... but the police have conveniently been turning a blind-eye.

About me: I live in Waynesboro VA, and run a small software consulting company here. I do quite a bit of photography, and have a thing for 24 hour watches. Been doing more hiking recently and have been really missing my truck lately and it's ability to get me out into the mountains and especially the snow, so I did some research and bought the FJ, which should be able to haul me and my gear around without issue :)

The previous owner did/had most of the mods done (ARB lift kit and bumpers, winch, piaa lights etc). So far my contributions was to swap out the ARB fog-light/marker light insert in the bumper with this other one made by Slee Offroad that let me mount some pod lights (rigid fog lights in this case)... and something you can't see from this shot where I swapped the radio with a Kenwood gps head unit.

More changes planned . .and by planned I mean I'm waiting for the last couple of pieces to come in before I pull things apart (would like to only do it once.. .ha)

Anyway, the forum has been a great help so far as I get my plan together and figure out what exactly is involved with some of the mods.

Anyway, here she is, parked at the office and covered in bugs and pollen :)

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
38,475 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Welcome from SoCal!

I too found the Slee ARB inserts great for mounting real lights. What brand of 24 hour watches?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from SoCal!

I too found the Slee ARB inserts great for mounting real lights. What brand of 24 hour watches?
Several (I have an addiction). I have a few russian (vostok, poljot, etc), a bunch of glycine, a breitling (birthday present to myself a couple of years ago), hamilton, elgin, universal geneve, longines, ocean7/airnautic, fortis, slo, invicta (they made a 24 hr one-hander), seiko (kinda), etc etc.. I used to also be a mod on watch-u-seek :) Been culling my collection over the last year, still have a lot to go though. I haven't posted to it for quite a while, but my watch IG is Login • Instagram

Welcome from Vancouver, British Columbia, and I agree- great looking FJ! It will take you to all sorts of great places. For example- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMIspHkYseZjgFvz96HkoJg
My son is the budding filmmaker (I'm just the old fart/truck owner who you only ever see fleetingly), so if you like what you see please subscribe! Al
Checked out one of the vids, better than anything I'm doing at the moment (I'm just getting into video), I'll have to watch the others :) I really want to get up into Canada at some point, lot of pretty country. My landscape(ish) IG account: Login • Instagram

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
183 Posts
Welcome From Mexico
Great looking FJ
Enjoy it

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Ahhhhh, "bugs & pollen"
The FJ's natural protective coating...
"Howdy" from Houston!
D

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Awesome! Welcome from the DC area...! Get ready to annihilate some Cicadas! :)

·
Admin
8,655 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,957 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Several (I have an addiction). I have a few russian (vostok, poljot, etc), a bunch of glycine, a breitling (birthday present to myself a couple of years ago), hamilton, elgin, universal geneve, longines, ocean7/airnautic, fortis, slo, invicta (they made a 24 hr one-hander), seiko (kinda), etc etc.. I used to also be a mod on watch-u-seek :) Been culling my collection over the last year, still have a lot to go though. I haven't posted to it for quite a while, but my watch IG is Login • Instagram
I've got a thing for G-Shocks and E6B Pilot watches (Seiko SNA411, BlueAngels Navihawk, etc.) The Navitimer is gorgeous, but a bit too spendy for me and would rather put that kind of money into FJ mods.:)

My favorite and daily driver especially out exploring is the GWG-1000-1A3 but with the 1A5 camo strap. It's huge, but the most indestructible analog watch I've ever run across. Don't know of any other analog that can laugh off a 10 meter drop onto concrete without a scratch. For me it's the ultimate tool/survival watch. No need to wind, change batteries, or set the time--ever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got a thing for G-Shocks and E6B Pilot watches (Seiko SNA411, BlueAngels Navihawk, etc.) The Navitimer is gorgeous, but a bit too spendy for me and would rather put that kind of money into FJ mods.:)

My favorite and daily driver especially out exploring is the GWG-1000-1A3 but with the 1A5 camo strap. It's huge, but the most indestructible analog watch I've ever run across. Don't know of any other analog that can laugh off a 10 meter drop onto concrete without a scratch. For me it's the ultimate tool/survival watch. No need to wind, change batteries, or set the time--ever.
I like the G-Shocks and those pilot watches.. I've gone through a few of each :) Don't currently have any in my collection.. those were some of the first to sell. Also used to have a pro-trek that I loved and sold.. which was a mistake lol. Bought a Suunto Core to replace it... and I got a hell of a deal on it so it was totally worth it, but I really miss the pro-trek. I'll probably pick up another one of those after I get my collection down to something manageable :) Sold two watches this weekend, so progress is being made :)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,129 Posts
Hi LewyOnMars, welcome from Ohio!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts