Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up your photos of Yosemite here-FJ included or not. I'll kick it off with a shot from the webcam on my home. Every once in a while, I'll throw another one up from the webcam.

I was a bit surprised to wake up to snow this morning. Half Dome is somewhere out there in the snow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
LAST YEAR ,August,perfect weekend,Great topic!Let's see more photo's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Thanks for the pic, makes me wonder if Tioga Pass is open. Did it open up for 2011 yet? ( we met briefly outside the great sandwich shop on the east side of 120 a couple years back.)
PosHt up your photos of Yosemite here-FJ included or not. I'll kick it off with a shot from the webcam on my home. Every once in a while, I'll throw another one up from the webcam.

I was a bit surprised to wake up to snow this morning. Half Dome is somewhere out there in the snow.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hijacking my own thread...no Tioga isn't opened up yet, neither has Glacier Point Road. I was out of town all last week in Pasadena for the Police Fleet Expo, but the last meeting I went to before that, the predicted open was during the week of June 14th for Tioga. They will push to get GP Road open in the next week or two for traffic relief before Memorial Day weekend--if it stops snowing. I try to post up ASAP after the broadcast on the NPS radio.

We now return you to your normally programmed thread....

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last night's NBC news.

msnbc.com Video Player

Come during the week--better traffic conditions. Might be a bit stormy this weekend anyway. I can often offer something very valuable here, a good parking place. With advance notice, I can fit one more FJ in my driveway for parking.

No date on when Tioga will open. Plows have punched thru, so hopefully within a few days after this storm passes and they finish more cleanup work along the road. NPS did clean the snow out of our parking lots in TM, but as of two days ago, still 5 feet of snow next to the gas station up there.

Glacier Point Road is usually open now for the summer, but parking is limited along the road due to snow, which means the parking lot at the end tends to fill up fast.

More as I hear it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very cool. I'll be out there in October after my youngest son's wedding and am really looking forward to it, although I'll be in a rental and not my FJ.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Heard it was snowing at 6500' this morning. We're never going to get to Courtright for fishing, dang it!

·
Premium Member
732 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HA! Fortunately, my yard starts just below the photo frame. Trust me, it ain't big. But I do joke about mowing the meadow to passing visitors as I mow my grass.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Here are a few more shots from the many times we camped in the park - what a great place to visit!:bigthumb:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts