Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I dont think that's green. That looks like the same silver one shown at the Off Road Expo....same rocks and everything. Looks like they added the brush guard and the winch from the NY auto show.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I opened the photo up in photoshop and ran the color sampler over it. There is a definite, but slight, green bias over the whole hood. It would be a very subtle green/grey, but it is at least a bit greenish. The lighting is not good, so it's hard to say what it would look like in daylight.

I don't think it is the same as the grey we've seen previously, because that grey looked glossy. This is definitely matte.

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
294 Posts
SEMA hoopla is my guess. You can be sure, that will be one of the questions I ask them tomorrow when I'm there....

·
Registered
88 Posts
cheazhd said:
SEMA hoopla is my guess. You can be sure, that will be one of the questions I ask them tomorrow when I'm there....
Yea! And tell them to think carefully before finalizing that color list. There are left nuts and kittin's lives on the line.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Bad news it seems. Scott from Expeditions West (the site where the pics are posted) posted the following on IH8Mud.com

No go on the green guys, sorry. I just talked with the project manager today...

I really liked the green

Expedition Community Website
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=65678

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That's the titanium... just bad ambient light.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm pretty surprised that toyota didn't go with more traditional FJ-40 colors. Seems like a no-brainer to offer a forrest green, fire truck red and tan. Orange, I'll admit, is a stretch. (Apparently very few cruisers came in that color. My parents just got lucky and randomly got a beautiful FJ55 in that color. We cammo'd it with spraypaint and gave it to the boyscouts when I was 7. And no, the lambs haven't stopped screaming.)

Seems like a bit of a marketing snafu. _shrug_ Maybe our voices will be heard. Someone said toyota employees are actually checking this site out...

Please orange, please orange, please orange.

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I would bet that they are checking this site. I think it may excite Toyota just a little to know that we are holding the fort, anxiously awaiting the vehicles actual release. Of course, that means they should do us all a favor and give us each a "Member Discount" for being a part of the online community that is totally lusting after every available piece of information about this new Toy.

I mean, come on, it's the least they could do!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does anyone know if this is really the titanium color?-----Looks great if it is.---Just like real unpolished titanium.-------Thanks Toyota!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts