Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sorry, non-believers,
Its not the Titanium silver paint, its a matte green metallic.
Its the same non-running mock-up unveiled at Chicago.
I was there to see it in person.

·
Registered
294 Posts
According to the Toyota marketing guy,
They showed the FJ in the green color for the same reasons they added a winch, the PIAA lamps and the brush guard. SEMA is a tradeshow for customizers and the manufacturers who produce the parts for customizing. Both FJ's at SEMA are what the vehicle would look like if you decided to spend some extra money and customize it, like a lot of buyers (myself included) will do.

To put it into perspective, there are 1000's of vehicles on display at SEMA, all of them are customized in some capacity. The FJ was on display in a non custom color at the auto shows like Chicago and New York, SEMA is not an auto show.

Hope that helps to clarify it for some of you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Please actually read the posts....cheazhead has mentioned several times that the silver is not the same color as the Titanium. He was there so I am going to take his word for it. As well as the fact that there are so many pictures of it that it is very obvious that the colors are different.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anyone know how much it might be to get a new coat of paint on an FJ?---Just the body not the white cap?-----I'm guessing a couple grand?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts