Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1225 Posts

·
A-Team Moderator
10,914 Posts
Spammer

The first bag( Versa pack knock off from utg) Traded to tan Field Tactical pack and ended up in the maxpedition falcon 2 which is current bag.

Had same maxpedition pack for probably 7 years now as well Best one I’ve owned carry it everyday on the squad I work and in my 4runner as I type

@Andy07, this jacka$$ is quoting you from your 1st post in this thread.

BANNED ! :domotwak:
@mikey this is the same Algerian spammer from the car wash thread bro.

That's the 6th username/account it's used on here. It's always 5 or 6 letters in the capitalized username. It just said DO= Demello Offroad in the acronym thread. Really a$$hole like we all don't know after all these years. :fu: AND it was from the 1st post too.

:smoker:

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,202
Re: Spammer

@Andy07, this jacka$$ is quoting you from your 1st post in this thread.

BANNED ! :domotwak:

@mikey this is the same Algerian spammer from the car wash thread bro.

That's the 6th username/account it's used on here. It's always 5 or 6 letters in the capitalized username. It just said DO= Demello Offroad in the acronym thread. Really a$$hole like we all don't know after all these years. :fu: AND it was from the 1st post too.

:smoker:

My bad ! Thanks for catching it H!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
We run with a lot of the same...additions are folding saw, more medical, ammo, solar charger for radios/fone - but I dropped the smartphone in favor of Kyocera waterproof flip.

I pissed away a TON of money on dang smartphones because they are not tough enough even in an OtterBox. They are made for Dick&Jane in the city, and we are trying to get away from the city...LOL!

We got 4 Gowara bags on sale, so we roll with those.

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
We run with a lot of the same...additions are folding saw, more medical, ammo, solar charger for radios/fone - but I dropped the smartphone in favor of Kyocera waterproof flip.

I pissed away a TON of money on dang smartphones because they are not tough enough even in an OtterBox. They are made for Dick&Jane in the city, and we are trying to get away from the city...LOL!

This is my EDC. Smart phones are stupid. :bandit:

Reactions: Andy07

·
Registered
155 Posts

I have to say I've been lucky with my smart phones. I work construction/remodeling and have dropped my Blackberries from several ladders. It's usually the charging ports that went first so I'm glad my newest Blackberry has the USB-C charger. Gotta get emails on the fly and have that keyboard for fat finger syndrome.

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
My dumb phone doesn't have a SIM card. :cool:

·
Desert Moderator
6,664 Posts
I can't guarantee that my smartphone will work in some of the fine places that I travel to, so I carry a garmin inreach mini.

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
I've been looking at these and some Sat phones recently. What are people using and why?

·
Desert Moderator
6,664 Posts
I went with the inreach because of size, 2 way comms, interface with smartphone, and the SOS functionality.
Airtime plan is $11/month and overage is $0.50/message after the 8 or 10 included messages/month.
You can obviously get a bigger plan but that works for me.
SOS includes rescue so pretty useful if you're in the sh1t in the ass end of nowhere.
Inreach uses the Iridium network so 100% global coverage, including polar regions.

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
I went with the inreach because of size, 2 way comms, interface with smartphone, and the SOS functionality.
Airtime plan is $11/month and overage is $0.50/message after the 8 or 10 included messages/month.
You can obviously get a bigger plan but that works for me.
SOS includes rescue so pretty useful if you're in the sh1t in the ass end of nowhere.
Inreach uses the Iridium network so 100% global coverage, including polar regions.
Is this the Freedom plan? I'm interested for use, mainly emergency, for when we are in MT. Our property has no other signals within 12 miles from what I've found.

Reactions: TrueGritCruzr

·
Desert Moderator
6,664 Posts
Is this the Freedom plan? I'm interested for use, mainly emergency, for when we are in MT. Our property has no other signals within 12 miles from what I've found.
I just checked - I am on the Annual Safety plan - $11.95/month with 10 messages included. $.50/message overage, so unless you're consistently using more than 36 messages a month or need tracking, there's no benefit going to the Recreation plan at $24.95

Freedom is more per month but allows you to pause it.

It can send messages to other inreach devices, SMS, and email.
There are unlimited free messages with 3 fixed content & fixed recipients (that you can set yourself) so great for check-in messages like "All is well", "Running late, but OK" etc upto 140 characters and location info.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I did the Freedom Plan the first year I had it but switched to the Recreation annual plan after figuring out how much I used it that first year. I do a lot of solo travel so I just like to turn it on and let it run even when I am in cell range so select family and friends can keep track of me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
I just checked - I am on the Annual Safety plan - $11.95/month with 10 messages included. $.50/message overage, so unless you're consistently using more than 36 messages a month or need tracking, there's no benefit going to the Recreation plan at $24.95

Freedom is more per month but allows you to pause it.

It can send messages to other inreach devices, SMS, and email.
There are unlimited free messages with 3 fixed content & fixed recipients (that you can set yourself) so great for check-in messages like "All is well", "Running late, but OK" etc upto 140 characters and location info.
I did the Freedom Plan the first year I had it but switched to the Recreation annual plan after figuring out how much I used it that first year. I do a lot of solo travel so I just like to turn it on and let it run even when I am in cell range so select family and friends can keep track of me.

Can you text to cell phones with the Mini? I couldn't get a concrete answer from Garmin on this. I know on the Plus model you can. This 66i with Inreach is the one I was originally looking at.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Can you text to cell phones with the Mini? I couldn't get a concrete answer from Garmin on this. I know on the Plus model you can. This 66i with Inreach is the one I was originally looking at.

I have the SE+ and have found sending text to a cellphone sort of hit and miss. I usually send email’s as they seem to be more consistent. I have no experience with the mini but I think the technology is the same.

·
Desert Moderator
6,664 Posts

Yes you can. I can send you one to show you what it looks like. Mine come from.an Australian number for some reason...
DM me your number and I'll send you a text from mine.

·
Desert Moderator
6,664 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
Hand sanitizer is now an EDC, as well as an N95. Glad the wife got me those for Christmas a few years ago. Also, I've been keeping at least one pair of disposable nitrile gloves on my person lately. I've been very diligent about carrying every day too for the past 6 weeks or so.

1201 - 1220 of 1225 Posts