Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Your rack saved my FJ some damage

BajaRack,
Thanks for such a superb product. We recently had high winds in Southern New Hampshire and a large tree limb fell on my FJ. The rack took the damage and the FJ was unscathed. I hate to think of the damage that would have resulted without the rack.

Thanks again,
Dave

(inserted pics, but the didn't show up on the post... ???)
See the pics here:
Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - FeO2y's Album: My FJ - Picture

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks MoT... The limb was a 4" diameter piece of dead oak... It must have broken off pretty high up to make that kind of impact... there were a few small divots on the front hood from the branch pieces...

My concern now is that the powder coating is peeled and chipped at the major weld joints for 1-2 feet or so on both sides of the hit... Up here in New England we currently have a ton of road salt everywhere.... not a good combo...

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
thanks MoT... The limb was a 4" diameter piece of dead oak... It must have broken off pretty high up to make that kind of impact... there were a few small divots on the front hood from the branch pieces...

My concern now is that the powder coating is peeled and chipped at the major weld joints for 1-2 feet or so on both sides of the hit... Up here in New England we currently have a ton of road salt everywhere.... not a good combo...
Will your insurance cover replacing the rack? How are the roof mounts ... any appearance of strain?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am meeting the adjuster tomorrow...
The front bracket must stressed a bit, it doesn't appear to be bent though...

I'll keep you guys posted...

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Wow! Glad no one got hurt, and the fj was safe :)

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
FeO2y,

Thank you for sharing and I’m also glad no one got hurt.

Sergio Murillo
BajaRack Adventure Equipment a Division of:
CCM Assembly & Manufacturing, Inc.
2598 Fortune Way
Suite E, Vista CA 92081
Phone: (760) 621-0171
Fax: (760) 539-9960
Nextel: 125*172789*1
e-mail: [email protected]
web site: Baja Rack

BajaRack Europe
Werther Straße 69
D- 46419 Isselburg, Germany
Phone: (+49) 2874 903906

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well, finally hashed it all out with the insurance company...

If you want FJ accessories covered by your normal insurance you need to call and tell them what you have installed on your vehicle... Lesson learned...

However, I was able to get almost all of the cost of the rack covered by insurance... I am still out a small portion and the shipping (not cheap to the east coast).

So, I will be ordering another rack... Probably the new FJ Flat Utility Rack.

Anyone want to pick up a dented rack in New Hampshire... cheap... It can be straightened or used as is... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
sounds like the rack would help protect u in a roll over
:huh: I think a tree limb is a bit lighter than an entire FJ? Not sure since this thread was so old the pics are gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts