Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of work on my FJ to save gas,, I was watching TRUCK U TV the other day and they did a story on Z-MAX for your oil and gas ,, well I did go out and buy it ,, And let me tell you it works GREAT My motor runs so smooth and my gas milage up 5 miles a gallon :rocker: But remember I was driving with a light foot for this test,, I did get on it hard one time just because it is so much FUN to smoke the rice burners off the line LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
I watched the same program, and I don't think you can go wrong with Z-MAX,
pretty amazing stuff. Should be a huge benefit to engine components for wear, and as you said, gas mileage !!!
Good Stuff !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have done a lot of work on my FJ to save gas,, I was watching TRUCK U TV the other day and they did a story on Z-MAX for your oil and gas ,, well I did go out and buy it ,, And let me tell you it works GREAT My motor runs so smooth and my gas milage up 5 miles a gallon :rocker: But remember I was driving with a light foot for this test,, I did get on it hard one time just because it is so much FUN to smoke the rice burners off the line LOL
Hey Bob,

did you see this before purchasing z-max?

FTC Sues Speedway Motorsports and Oil-Chem Subsidiary

or this?

zMAX FTC Ruling - FTC Vs. Oil-Chem Research

I was at a NAPA store this morning and saw the product on the shelf and read that it takes up to a 1,000 miles of driving before seeing any results.
Have you already driven that much since you purchased the product the other day?

Just kind of curious.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
<deleted> (after reviewing my pithy comments)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Bob,

did you see this before purchasing z-max?

FTC Sues Speedway Motorsports and Oil-Chem Subsidiary

or this?

zMAX FTC Ruling - FTC Vs. Oil-Chem Research

I was at a NAPA store this morning and saw the product on the shelf and read that it takes up to a 1,000 miles of driving before seeing any results.
Have you already driven that much since you purchased the product the other day?

Just kind of curious.
OK thank you for sharing that info on Z-MAX I did not know that was going on After reading both sides I feel so far it has help my FJ I will update my testing after 1000 miles chat later

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
For anyone who hates clicking links, Zmax is a microlubricant additive that fills in all the little cracs and divots in the microscopic sence to help engine performance. I was just about to post a thread on it myself but I CHECKED THE SEARCH BEFORE I DID(hint,hint) It seems like a great product and good to see some nice reviews on it. It'll be going in with my royal purple next oil change.:king:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hello again OK after my 1000 miles, I'm getting 341 miles to the tank not so bad but as any one knows the slower you drive the better the gas milage we get ,, so I really don't know if the Z-Maz worked or not I get 21 miles per gallon

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
This is a long dead thread but just wanted to chime in here and say that I also can feel that the engine is running much smoother than before treatment. From the videos I've watched this stuff should do a great job of getting carbon deposits out of the engine and helping improve compression. I'll be using Z-Max every 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been using this stuff since 2002 it's great I've used it in all of my car's i've ever owned and so has alot of my family even to my dad who puts it in his corvette! Back in the day they used to have a 3 pack of Zmax 1 for oil, 1 for gas and one for the transmission. however I can't find the Zmax for transmissions anymore ehh oh well still love the stuff

·
Registered
501 Posts
For anyone who hates clicking links, Zmax is a microlubricant additive that fills in all the little cracs and divots in the microscopic sence to help engine performance. I was just about to post a thread on it myself but I CHECKED THE SEARCH BEFORE I DID(hint,hint) It seems like a great product and good to see some nice reviews on it. It'll be going in with my royal purple next oil change.:king:
Why would you use it if it causes more corrosion to your bearings than just using motor oil? When corrosion occurs you lose metal. There is no way to replace this loss of material. The nice smooth surfaces become rough and this causes a domino effect. On top of this, oil manufacturers use different amounts and types of additives that are for things such as wear, sludge, corrosion, etc. When you add "other" stuff to your oil it may not even be compatable and/or deplete certain additives. You must check with the oil manufacturer BEFORE adding anything to it. Also, your oils additives must compete with each other on your engines surface areas. You could be blocking the oils additives from doing their jobs. Lastly, the oil companies have their own labs and engineers doing research and continually experiment to find a better oil/additive combo.
I would like to suggest that you not use this stuff (until you talk to the manufacturer of your oil). You said you're going to use Royal Purple for your next oil change. Give them a call and see what the say first.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well the funny thing is that the Nissan Dealership that my fiance get her tune ups done at recommends it. Then again they also recommend extended warranties.. The Altima just hit 120K and we got the major service, spark plugs, and flushing done....this car runs now...it really runs great.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Yes, old thread...BUT...

I saw this Z-Max at the store the other day and thought I'd give it a go. Shelby would not steer me wrong, RIGHT???

Any recent thoughts, experiences or updated info from those that have used it here??? I got the double pack with the Fuel and Oil additives only.:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Nobody?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts