Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***finished pics of trailer and future adventures throughout thread***

So long story short I contacted Ethos off Road in my search for us an off road trailer. They were local to me up by Lago Vista TX and I didn't even know. Later I found out that I actually knew the owners/operators of the business and had actually camped next to them in Area 51 of Hidden Falls during a couple FJ meets. Great freakin' people! The wheels were in motion...

Trailer Build Specifications

2x4x1/4" Box Tub Chassis
3x4x3/16" Full Length Tongue to Rear
14 gauge Tub Thickness
16 gauge Lid Thickness
Lock N' Roll Articulating Hitch
Ram 2000lb Tongue Jack/rear stabilizers
Timbren Axle-less 3500lb. Suspension System
Patented Self-Lifting roof rack system easily lifts rack with no assistance
1000 lb. hand winch equipped with 6 thousand lb. synthetic winch cable allows user to lower the rack with no assistance
Cooler rack - interior dimensions 33"x18"
Battery and Solar power, with AGM battery, marine switch panel with 12 volt receptacle, bus terminal, 50 watt solar panel and charge controller, all wiring mounted in tongue box
Lighting upgrade package- two 4" LED lights mounted to the telescopic rack on the drivers side, 800 watt power inverter with 110 receptacle mounted and wired, One LED light mounted inside the lid centered and installed close to the outer edge behind the lock bracket
Custom built cooking rack in place of BBQ pit for my own cooking utilities.
LED trail/turn lights on the rear and LED Markers on both sides.
Tire size - 33" Mud Tire on 17 wheels 6x5.5 bolt pattern
electric brakes
CVT Mt Rainer RRT with annex included
CVT 79" Awning w/mesh screen room

...and here it is after build well under way!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These are Ethos' pics but should look a little like this when done... I'm going with battery with inverter tongue box under the cooler rack/BBQ delete - add fold down counter/and two tone color Military tan and black. Same RTT w/awning and skeeter screen.

Independent suspension may be a little much, but why not :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
More progress

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Soooo weather has been playing hell with getting the trailer out of paint. Told Will not to rush. Wanted the trailer to be sprayed when the humidity had let up. She's all epoxy primed up now and will end up black on tan. Tub, lid, and electrical tongue box will be tan. Fenders/steps frame will be black. Think its going to look great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here we go...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
more

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Looks great. I have been enjoying mine a lot. I'm getting ready to add a fridge soon to it. We will have to hang and camp at Jambo next year.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Zeus & Lil_Kat's Adventure Trailer build

I have been so busy since I have been back home I haven't even had the time to post my trailer build up. My schedule will be busy next year but I will make the trip to Jambo. It is on my list every year. It was a great experience and a great group of people.

Will did a great fob on my trailer. You will be very happy when it's complete. Jane and I got stuck in all that nasty rain in North Carolina when I was getting re geared a month back and the Mt Rainier from CVT was flawless.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Looks awesome Zeus! All the trail ready trailers are making me really wish I was done upgrading my rig so that I could get a trailer made. But I just started haha Hope you enjoy some real nice trips with it!

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Looks amazing. I love the 2 tone paint.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know you're probably pictured out but could you show/talk more of you electrical box, battery, switches and plug in's (?) ? I really like that storage box but is it filled with all that stuff?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know you're probably pictured out but could you show/talk more of you electrical box, battery, switches and plug in's (?) ? I really like that storage box but is it filled with all that stuff?
Once I get it in my possession no problem. A the pics have come from the manufacturer to this point. Remind me if I don't post some in a few days.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts