Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone else have no luck with this? I spent a out 4 hours yesterday and this wouldn't work. Any time I hooked it up to the fuse box as pictured, the corresponding fuse would blow. I tried both sides of the fuse and same result (not sure if that matters) I even tried doing a t-splice into the blue/yellow wire then running that through the fuse box as pictured; same thing.

Thankfully I've been able to put everything back together and functioning as before, but I'm frustrated that I spent all this time for nothing. FYI I do have an 07 (Manu date of July 06) and atrac and diff lock both work separate but not together. Anything I could be missing? I've read through the entire thread and haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Anyone else have no luck with this? I spent a out 4 hours yesterday and this wouldn't work. Any time I hooked it up to the fuse box as pictured, the corresponding fuse would blow. I tried both sides of the fuse and same result (not sure if that matters) I even tried doing a t-splice into the blue/yellow wire then running that through the fuse box as pictured; same thing.

Thankfully I've been able to put everything back together and functioning as before, but I'm frustrated that I spent all this time for nothing. FYI I do have an 07 (Manu date of July 06) and atrac and diff lock both work separate but not together. Anything I could be missing? I've read through the entire thread and haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

Fuse blow!!!

That Mean you touch - with +

If I in your position.. I would first check if it's really the correct wire
then check the signal in the blue/yellow wire..( the correct wire)..

If the signal + switch the blue/yellow wire..
And before switch it test it..

How! Cut or remove the blue/yellow wire
And you should see VSC off..

Then supply that wire with any + around you
Now you car should go to normal, I mean VSC on..

I hope this is clear for you,,

I might saw some one said it didn't work with manual gear

It's work for me; 2008 fj AM

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2008 Trail Teams and want to be able to disable the traction control in 2W mode...

I have purchased the switch, but I want to find the "molex" style connector for the back of it. Can anyone give me a part #?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Question! Where can i get that "Hack switch" is it just an on/off switch from the parts store or is it a special switch?
Thanks!
Alos is there someone in the SLC area who can walk me to that install? (i know myself +=- and red goes to black)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Question! Where can i get that "Hack switch" is it just an on/off switch from the parts store or is it a special switch?
Thanks!
Alos is there someone in the SLC area who can walk me to that install? (i know myself +=- and red goes to black)

Any switch will do. You can order switches that fit in the blank in the console if you want it to look factory, or you can pick another style and drill a hole for it on almost any plastic surface. Common spots are the panel to the left of the steering wheel or beside the handbrake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey folks,

Any chance the original pics can be re-uploaded to this post? Would love to do this hack, but none of the images are showing up.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Do you know if this VSC "hack" disable too the ABS ?

Works on 2013 FJ CRUISER?

thank you!

I’m not sure. It’s been awhile since I did mine. It was originally posted for the early model 07 trucks so may not be applicable to a ‘10 or newer model.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
Do you know if this VSC "hack" disable too the ABS ?
Works on 2013 FJ CRUISER?

thank you!
2013 should have a switch?! Just hold it down for ~5 seconds and then your traction control is off. If the ABS light comes on at that time you will know it is disabled too. No ABS light, you likely still have it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2013 should have a switch?! Just hold it down for ~5 seconds and then your traction control is off. If the ABS light comes on at that time you will know it is disabled too. No ABS light, you likely still have it.
I have the switch and I hold it for 5 seconds, I know this thing..

The ABS will only disable when ATRAC is ON, but I want to "hack" it, for use in 4H, high speed on sand dunes...

·
Registered
14 Posts
At first my apologies for bumping :) Last week I bought a 02/06 FJ Cruiser auto from the first owner with just 112.000 miles who had just had the run in oil changed before i bought it :) It is a car imported new to Europe and completely stock, i drove a stock 2001 4.0 Jeep Cherokee XJ but it was getting a bit tired even though it's the last of the real Jeeps and virtually bullit proof but getting old.

The FJ has the E-locker but not the Atrac button, but i already checked it has the wiring for it and the switch should be delivered tomorrow :)

I have been doing some more reading on mods/improvements and looking for a set of B8 Billsteins to level the front. While reading up on that i jumped from one topic to the next and the next and the next and then i came accros this topic. This sure seems like the smart mod to do that wont max out my creditcard right away, already have 5 new AT tires coming in and powdercoating 5 rims to go with those :)

Though i did completely rewire my 6 volt 1952 Jeep CJ3a (still a Jeeper, though some club members want to kick me out for buying a Toyota ;-) :) and not a JK or JKU. Well i drove both and the choice was very easy to be honoust, i'll change their minds when i go past them or they come along with a sixpack to ask if i can tow them out :) :) The FJ will be towing the Jeep to events to far to drive to in the 70 year old 60bhp Jeep) and building the harness for it myself, i'm not that confident with electrics when it comes to large bundles of wires and ECU's. If something fails on the CJ3 you usually cut out the old and just throw in a new wire straight from the battery plus and it's fixed :) ;-) :)

But this does seem like something i can tackle with confidence, however, reading through this topic it goes from pulling the pin and wiring it to 12v to also turning off the VSC with a switch.

So just to be clear:

To be be able to use the A-trac with the diff locked I pull the blue/yellow wire pin out of the connnector and then connect the Blue/Yellow straight to +12V switched source by using one of these in the fusebox!?: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01LFXA5YQ

That will give me the following options in 4 low only:

A-trac

or

E-diff

or

A-trac + E diff

Thanks in advance

cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did the hack this evening, the only hard part was getting the pin out, even with a watchmaker screwdriver i could not get the second lock to disengage, cut it out with with some small plyers in the end

Works like a charm now :smile

Only have to get used that the locker symbol keeps flashing now, but that's a very small price to pay

·
Registered
2007 FJ 4WD A/T • 6-inch Fabtech • HD UCAs • KO2 35x12.5 R17• Warn bumper • 8500 superwinch • Bushwa
3 Posts
Looking forward to do this hack on my FJ, but unfortunately all photos are now expired on the original post. Does some have them saved?
It's kind of impossible to follow these instructions without the photos.

Reactions: PupMobile
261 - 276 of 276 Posts