Metal Tech Front Bumper
Linexed roof
Gobi rear ladder
Kenwood DVD player
OME Medium lift
Titan air jack
5% tint all around
black out
6 IPF roof lights (4 up front, 2 in the rear)
Dynamat Sound deadening
Axe
Shovel
Scanguage II
Garmin GPS
TONS of camping gear!!!! - way to much to list....
lots of stickers

And because this build is worthless without pics......

After the lift

Mountains of CO

Dynamat installation (more to come)

WAY MORE TO COME!!!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice Fj and you seem to have your head screwed on right! Not to many clean, responsible 21yr olds out there.LOL

#15 ·
GF rarely drives it because shes afraid to and my dad doesnt like to ask so I usually just throw him the keys. Im trying to convince him to get one
Hey Mark,

Nice rack and lights on "Big Black"! :clap: Good to have you here on the forum.

BTW, I like ya but if I ever visit Greensboro, you're not valeting any of my ride. I know what you do as you turn the corner ....
:) depends what your driving
do work son !
Mark, you got a nice looking truck and a girlfriend and a good head on shoulders your parents must be proud keep it that way man.
Thanks, I hope they are
Mark, truly nice build-up. That ARB roof rack is a major addition and compliment to the looks of the FJ.

About time you got a build-up thread going.
Only took me a year!
Nice buildup! how did you get that YJ for $450?!?!!!!!!!!!
picked it up in the ghettos of baltimore. Negotited the price down from 2000. It didnt run at the time and looked in reallly bad shape. Me and my friend go it running and drove it back 1.5 hours without problems. I put about 200 into it getting it back into running condition and then sold it for 1850$ I should have kept it though.....

#10 ·
Hey Mark,

Nice rack and lights on "Big Black"! :clap: Good to have you here on the forum.

BTW, I like ya but if I ever visit Greensboro, you're not valeting any of my ride. I know what you do as you turn the corner ....

#13 ·
Mark, truly nice build-up. That ARB roof rack is a major addition and compliment to the looks of the FJ.

About time you got a build-up thread going.

#14 ·
Nice buildup! how did you get that YJ for $450?!?!!!!!!!!!

#18 ·
Nice that your GF supports the build...that's key! My "EX" GF didnt support my affection for the FJ. Guess who won out???

#20 ·
Mark

Nice build up. It will never be done :rofl:
I had a red 88 YJ back in the day. My GF (now wife) didn't like driving
around in it - too hard to get into and out of. I sold it and always
regretted it. Like you I got a fj to replace her and I couldn't be happier.

Looking forward to seeing more of your buildup!

Gery

#40 ·
I have almost always Dynamatted the roof of my vehicles. The roof is usually a big piece of sheetmetal with absolutely no sound deadening--unless you count the heasdliner. I have ALWAYS seen a huge noise reduction inside my cars/trucks by doing the roof. It's like shutting down a big, vibrating, reverberating speaker--YOUR ROOF!

Just my $0.02 worth. Great job keeping clean. You will never regret it.

#25 ·
So is the general consenus on the sound dampening that it is totally worth it? I haven't thought about it that much, but after adding leather, i saw that it wasn't that hard to remove all the flooring.

#26 ·
It is worth it if you do the entire car. Since the doors were done my speakers sound better however their is still alot of sound. The roof rack is the main problem so the roof will need to be done. Its a really big job so im going to do it in stages. In 2 weeks I will do the roof and report back. I think its a worth while investment.

#27 ·
Mark.... I SO get your parents. I too have a 21 year old son. We have rewarded him through the years for a "JOB WEll DONE!" Kudos buddy, I had no idea till this thread how really cool you are.

CONGRATS to you and a VERY nice build!!

K

#29 ·
The rig looks great Mark - it was nice meeting you and your Pops at the Summit - :bigthumb:

-

#43 ·
I found the best price is the 9 pack that amazon offers. One box should take care of the roof.
Amazon.com: Dynamat 10455 Xtreme Bulk Pack 9 Sheets: Automotive
It expensive but the free shipping makes it the best deal online that I have found. Others have spoken well of second skin audio and its a route I would take if it didnt cost so much to ship.

If your planning on doing this to your headliner I have found that you have to do two layers for it to work well. Dynamat is made to stop vibrations, not stop all sound. This means you will need another layer of sound deadening to really make it silent. I havent figured out what im going to use yet but something along the lines of this

Amazon.com: Dynamat DynaPad Get rid of road noise 1 sheet, 12 square feet: Electronics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.