Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

301 - 320 of 335 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Need a little info. Running ToyTec leveling coils on front of my 14' FJ. Got 275/70/17 Cooper tires. Ordered new Fuel wheels. Was recommended to go with 17x8.5 with -6 offset. Are these good to go with my setup? Thx for any help.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
FJ Cruiser Specific 16"17" Wheel/Tire Fitment Guide

Hi Folks,

My OME 51 2.5-3" lift came in, cannot wait to get started! Wondering if anyone out there is running a similar or same wheel/tire configuration:

Fuel BEAST 564 18x9, +1 Offset, 6x139.7

LT275/60R18 Exo Grapplers were what CariD recommended, though Ridge Grapplers in 285 were really my first thought.

Thanks fellow FJ'ers :)

AD

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Re: FJ Cruiser Specific 16"17" Wheel/Tire Fitment Guide

Wondering if anyone out there is running a similar or same wheel/tire configuration:
I'd consider tires some more if I were you. The ones you were recommended are ~1/2" smaller than stock overall diameter, but not sure what setup you're going for. Also with suspension, the wheels tend to look smaller with the body gap you created with the lift. I'd probably recommend closer to a 285/65R18, but do some more research so you can find what fits your expectations. Not the same size but you can get an idea of poke/inset/size. My post is here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
FJ Cruiser Specific 16"17" Wheel/Tire Fitment Guide

You're very tactful Jamesepoop, thanks for the info. I don't know enough about fitment yet to be calling out options, so back to research. That configurator you posted is awesome.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Re: FJ Cruiser Specific 16"17" Wheel/Tire Fitment Guide

You're very tactful Jamesepoop, thanks for the info. I don't know enough about fitment yet to be calling out options, so back to research. That configurator you posted is awesome.
No prob. There are plenty of suggestions. Different strokes for different folks. The configuration program is hosted by many different sites but I found this one to be well laid out and easy to comprehend. Will They Fit dot com

Also. Visit the many past fitment threads if you haven't yet for good references

1. what-size-tires-will-fit-my-fj.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
The OP of this thread deserves an award. I am in the process of beginning mods on my '14 TTUE. Wheels/tires have been the hardest decision. Haha. I will be running the Icon Stage 2 but want to keep my factory 16's. Leaning towards 305s (rreally wanted 35's but have read you need a regear, and I highway a lot of miles).
This thread and the posters have been ridiculously informative.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking at going to 35/12.5/r17 ko2s with level 8 trackers with -6 offset. I will also be getting a 3 inch lift and 1.25 inch spacers and bmc. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'll apologize right away, I did not read through this whole thread. But any help would be very nice, as I've been searching for this info for a long time.

Can someone point me to a good 16" steel rim with D-window style patern? I'm looking to get my 2010 FJ dudded out with some new shoes and I can't find any 16" steels that are going to for sure fit.

This is the look I want. This is a ProComp Series 51. I sent them an email asking this same question about their 16" steels:
http://www.procompusa.com/ImageLibrary/Products/PCW/PCW_51_GLOSSBLACK.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will a 5mm offset on a 17x8 inch wheel be fine to use if I use a 275/70 r17 BFG or 285/70 r17?

The 5mm is 4.75 backspace and wondering if this will cause any problems

FYI: FJ has the BMC

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just want to be clear, according to the great information below. I have a 2007 with 17" factory rims and tires (265/70r17). I found a set of wheels I wanted to put on the factory rubber for now and get 285/70r17 this summer. they are 17" x 9" with a -12 offset. I do have a 3" lift on my FJ already. Will these rims work? thank you for your help in advance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just want to be clear, according to the great information below. I have a 2007 with 17" factory rims and tires (265/70r17). I found a set of wheels I wanted to put on the factory rubber for now and get 285/70r17 this summer. they are 17" x 9" with a -12 offset. I do have a 3" lift on my FJ already. Will these rims work? thank you for your help in advance.
While mine is a '14, I have the same size tires and same size/offset rims. Prior to my lift, I get rubbing just before the very limit of the steering lock. I have not done a BMC. I have everything for the lift at my house now and hope to get it on this coming weekend. I expect no rubbing based on my calculations but I know a BMC would fix my problem as it sits now. YMMV but I am sure others will confirm or deny.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,962 Posts
G'Day,
Maybe....
your stock rubber may not fit a 9 inch rim width, 265/70/17 could be too narrow for a 9 inch.... you need to double check
the risk is you will deform the tyre by stretching it too wide ..... many manufacturers will only recommend a 8.5 inch rim for a 265/70/17
Go to the manufacturers website and confirm the recommended max width for your rubber.
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anyone have suggestions for a cheap, non-flashy, black wheel with a utilitarian look? I don't want fancy lookin' wheels or fake beadlocks. Just simple, but tough looking 16's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually have a question I have 33x12.50 roadcruza MT tires with Moto Metal 17x9 wheels 12mm offset with bmc no lift yet. I plan on doing some offroading but nothing to outrageous due to this rig being my daily driver I would like to get it out there and try some minor trail runs my question is regarding my tire set up with rims is this an ok set up for offroading and what type of a lift should I get for what I would call a weekend warrior I dont want to be a look I want an actual decent set up ? I'm aware of rough country lift kit but isn't that mainly for looks or will I be able to get away any decent offroading with this and or should I even get a lift ...ugh it's all so confusing and new to me

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm sorry if this is redundant. Quick question.

Have: 17" TRD Black wheels and 1.25" spacers on all wheels. Bushwacker pocket fenders.

I want to fill the area more, as it looks empty with the 265/70R17 I have on there now.

Question: Can I go to 285/70R17 or 275/70R17? I think 275 is the max if I'm understanding all the posts on here. Especially with no lift.

Any opinions on the General Grabber ATX tire? I like the red letter walls and the bulk.

Thanks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm sorry if this is redundant. Quick question.

Have: 17" TRD Black wheels and 1.25" spacers on all wheels. Bushwacker pocket fenders.

I want to fill the area more, as it looks empty with the 265/70R17 I have on there now.

Question: Can I go to 285/70R17 or 275/70R17? I think 275 is the max if I'm understanding all the posts on here. Especially with no lift.

Any opinions on the General Grabber ATX tire? I like the red letter walls and the bulk.

Thanks.
With wheel spacers, your biggest issue is going to be the body mount. If you haven't chopped it yet, you're going to have to if you go up a tire size. Even if you ditch the spacers, you still might rub the body mount with 285s... it's hit or miss depending on the brand of tire.

301 - 320 of 335 Posts