Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Where is a good place to find a quality NATO Jerry can?
I have a few of the Wavian brand 20L, or 5 gallon jerry cans. That's the one you want. Google Wavian and you will find them.

$60 for the can, or $80 for the can, and a filler spout was the going rate.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I called and talked to someone. Told them it's been 3 weeks since I placed my order. No confirmation email, so I didn't have an order #. But the money was taken out of my account. Gave him some info and he found my order. Said it would be shipped out in 3 days. It's been 4 or 5 days now, so hopefully I'll hear a box go thud at my front door soon.
Any update? Hope you got your can holder.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What is EXp-1 saying, if anything?
Received an email the other day.

"​Hi Glenn,
I'm sorry for the delay on these; we are working on a design revision to the mounting bracket that turned out to be more complicated than first anticipated.​ Engineer is working on it now and we hope to have that bracket ready to go asap. Will for sure be sending you tracking information when your can mount ships out. Thank you for your understanding and patience-can I throw in a freebie shirt or patch as a thank you?

Best Regards,
Sarah"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Received my mount today.:grin
The build quality and finish is just as nice as my swing out bumper. As you'll see in the pics.
Pictured is the only gas can I had to put in it. The mount and the strap holds it nice and snug. You can see on a couple pics where the paint from the can rubbed off just putting it in and out a couple times. You'll also see where the strap starts to snug down on the can, and when it's tightened down. The edges of the knob starts to hit the strap when it reaches the end of being tightened (with this can). Hitting it with my Dremel should fix it without weakening the knob. And pics with the heads of the bolts showing clearance with this can. I'm sure it will be good with others.
Hopefully I get some time to mount it up tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Received my mount today.:grin
The build quality and finish is just as nice as my swing out bumper. As you'll see in the pics.
Pictured is the only gas can I had to put in it. The mount and the strap holds it nice and snug. You can see on a couple pics where the paint from the can rubbed off just putting it in and out a couple times. You'll also see where the strap starts to snug down on the can, and when it's tightened down. The edges of the knob starts to hit the strap when it reaches the end of being tightened (with this can). Hitting it with my Dremel should fix it without weakening the knob. And pics with the heads of the bolts showing clearance with this can. I'm sure it will be good with others.
Hopefully I get some time to mount it up tomorrow.
Please post more photos once mounted. Thanks for indulging us. I like that it mounts with a bracket of sorts that clamps around the swing arm from behind...should be sturdy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Please post more photos once mounted. Thanks for indulging us. I like that it mounts with a bracket of sorts that clamps around the swing arm from behind...should be sturdy.
Ok, All mounted up. Feels rock solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry I haven't been on here for a long while.
I go out on some trails almost every weekend. And even made it out to Ouray and Moab last Sept. The mount is still rock solid as the day I installed it. No regrets what so ever. Would highly recommend this addition to your swing out.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Good to know.

Wonder if they have a strap that will accommodate the Scepter MFC 'and' the MWC.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Sorry I haven't been on here for a long while.
I go out on some trails almost every weekend. And even made it out to Ouray and Moab last Sept. The mount is still rock solid as the day I installed it. No regrets what so ever. Would highly recommend this addition to your swing out.
I just bought and installed this can carrier. Did yours come with a lynch pin with a ring? I'm not sure how it is meant to be used/installed. The install directions show it going where a padlock might go to lock the strap...?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I didn't get any pin with a ring when I got mine.

Mine's still going strong. Even bumped into some rock once and it only chipped the powder coat off where the rock hit.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts